VMware Cloud Community
MattG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

VDP documentation says that VDPa supports replication to VDPa?

I know that VDP 5.5 can replicate to Avamar,  but VDPa is still version 5.1.  VDPa 5.1 does not have replicationcapabilities,  but the VDP 5.5 doc says that it does?

vdp.png

What gives?

Thanks,

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jhunter1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi MattG,

I agree it is a bit confusing right now, but it will get cleared up shortly. Basically, VDP and VDP Advanced are on two different development schedules. VDP 5.5 came out ahead of the next release of VDP Advanced. VDP 5.5 has replication to Avamar. VDP Advanced is still on 5.1, which does not have any replication features. So you are probably wondering if the next version of VDP Advanced will have replication. As I mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph, it will get cleared up shortly - stay tuned...   Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jhunter1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi MattG,

I agree it is a bit confusing right now, but it will get cleared up shortly. Basically, VDP and VDP Advanced are on two different development schedules. VDP 5.5 came out ahead of the next release of VDP Advanced. VDP 5.5 has replication to Avamar. VDP Advanced is still on 5.1, which does not have any replication features. So you are probably wondering if the next version of VDP Advanced will have replication. As I mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph, it will get cleared up shortly - stay tuned...   Smiley Wink

0 Kudos