VMware Cloud Community
mobcdi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VDP Upgrade: connect iso on power on?

I was wondering if the vdp upgrade iso needs to be configured in vm settings to connect on power on or just connected. The upgrade guide mentioned it could take a few hours to upgrade but I'm assuming that might also involve some guest reboots and was just wondering if the upgrade iso needed to be connected throughout the upgrade process or does the unzipping which takes about 2GB of additional storage mean the iso itself doesn't have to be connected and the upgrade should continue if the iso gets disconnected because of reboots

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Paul11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You only had to connect the ISO-Image once. After the Update, you must reboot the appliance manually. So it's not necessary to connect the ISO with the "Connect at power on" option.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Paul11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You only had to connect the ISO-Image once. After the Update, you must reboot the appliance manually. So it's not necessary to connect the ISO with the "Connect at power on" option.

0 Kudos
mobcdi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Connecting it at power on before shutting down to change the disks to persistent for the required snapshot didn't seem to speed up the mounting process either but thanks for clarifying things

Once the upgrade was complete I was prompted to shutdown the appliance, remove the snapshot and reset the disks to independent before powering on the upgraded appliance

0 Kudos