VMware Cloud Community
brandonpoc
Contributor
Contributor

VDP Installation Issues - Configuration not completing, vCenter not Integrating?

I am installing the VDP 6.1.2 Appliance .OVA file on vCenter 6.5 via the Deploy OVF/OVA tool. VDP installs fine, and I configure VDP through the configuration server after installation and confirm its network settings, test the connection to vCenter, choose the datastore, create the backup disks, etc. The server then reboots. A "task" for this installation in the vCenter dashboard seems to stop at 70% for the VDP install. Regardless, I have tried restarting the vCenter instance as well, logging out and back in, etc. yet I do not see a VDP icon/option. When I access the VDP configuration URL after what I thought was a successful configuration, I am prompted to enter/confirm all my details again as though VDP never finished installing - from what I read in the documentation I am supposed to see some kind of status information.

What am I doing wrong here? Everything *seems* to install properly. The appliance reboots. I log out and back into vCenter. I get no VDP icon / option. It seems to never get past the configuration and vCenter integration stage. I have installed it FOUR times now with the same situation.

What's going on here?

Thanks in advance!

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Madmax01
Expert
Expert

Hello,

I dont see 6.5 vcenter support for 6.1.2 vdp.

latest is 6.1.4. Minimum you need 6.1.3 based on the matrix

VMware Product Interoperability Matrices

best regards

max

SavkoorSuhas
Expert
Expert

Unsupported version.

Either use 6.1.3 or 6.1.4

# Suhas

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

Don't Backup. Go Forward!
Rubrik