VMware Cloud Community
Grime121
Contributor
Contributor

VDP Fling?

Has anyone come across a VDP fling? I can't find one, and I can't believe someone hasn't created one yet.

From the Engineering Department's standpoint the functionality of VDP is absolutely great. However, the poor user interface, its lack of backup job status/progress, having to navigate to the VDP's internal website for file-level restores, etc. makes it just abysmal for the Operations Department.

To me this seems like the perfect candidate for a Fling. If someone could create a decent front-end for VDP it would become one of the best backup solutions on the market for VMware VMs. Unfortunately I simply do not have the time to dive deeper into this. Is anyone aware of something like this that is being developed? Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Tags (3)
1 Reply
RyanJMN
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I agree just like a lot of other things in the vSphere web client the VDP user interface has a lot to be desired.  VDP is based off of Avamar.  Although not free like a fling Avamar already exists and has a much better user interface called Avamar administrator.

0 Kudos