VMware Cloud Community
estanev
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VDP 6.1 change datastore

Hello everyone,

I've deployed VDP 6.1 and now i would like to move it to faster datastore. Its 12 TB appliance (12x1TB disk) , is it possible with simple storage vMotion?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Paul11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

‌Yes, you can do this with simple storage vMotion. I would shutdown the appliance before vMotion, so you can be sure that there are no maintenance activity during the migration which can slow down the process.

Paul

0 Kudos
estanev
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Thank you for your response , i'll try that. I have another question - i'm not able to start the managament service, it looks like the postre database is corrupted ... i'm not able to rollback as well, the rollback process has failed. I decided to deploy a new appliance and use the existing storage. Now I'm stuck at "Device Allocation" step, i've selected all 12 disk from the old appliance but the validation process is failing with error "Unable to mount the selected disk" and each time the issue is with different disks. All disk are already detached from the old appliance.

Thank you for your time!

Regards!

0 Kudos
TeemuL
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I also migrated VPD to another datastore after shutdown the VPD vm.

5 T of data moved and appliance starts with network on but it has lost contact to vCenter and configuration page says "refused" https://ip-address:8543

Ah.. reboot... reboot was the fix (typical VDP) Smiley Happy

0 Kudos