VMware Cloud Community
Akopylov
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

VDP 6.1 Can I choose the correct timezone please?!

Hello there.

Im at the VDP configuration stage now (...:8543/vdp-configure) and I cannot find the correct timezone (I need UTC+7). I usually use Asia/Krasnoyarsk tz, there are a lot of UTC+7 zones here Valid timeZone Values‌ and in the SLES itself BUT no such zones at the VDP configure web interface. Can anyone tell me why? May be I can finish configuration with wrong timezone and change it later by recreating /etc/localtime link or in the vdp vm console? Or should I choose correct timezone during the initial configuration?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Akopylov
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ok, I got a solution. VDP initial configuration was finished with the wrong timezone. Then I changed timzone in the VDP vm console (Set Timezone -> Asia -> Russia -> Krasnoyarsk) but there was still the wrong timzone at the vdp-configure page. However after reboot of VDP vm vdp-configure page shows the correct timezone (Asia/Krasnoyarsk). Sadly, I still cannot choose this zone in vdp-configure -> Time zone.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Akopylov
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ok, I got a solution. VDP initial configuration was finished with the wrong timezone. Then I changed timzone in the VDP vm console (Set Timezone -> Asia -> Russia -> Krasnoyarsk) but there was still the wrong timzone at the vdp-configure page. However after reboot of VDP vm vdp-configure page shows the correct timezone (Asia/Krasnoyarsk). Sadly, I still cannot choose this zone in vdp-configure -> Time zone.

0 Kudos
SebastianGrugel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Good to know.

I have that same issue.

One time in Configuration page... and other in web console... and other in SSH...

Maybe reboot will resolve issue.

I will check.

vExpert VSAN/NSX/CLOUD | VCAP5-DCA | VCP6-DCV/CMA/NV ==> akademiadatacenter.pl
0 Kudos