VMware Cloud Community
dfranciscus
Contributor
Contributor

VDP 6.0 "Select Destination" in FLR is blank

Hi all,

Running Vsphere 5.5 U2, and VDP 6.0.

I am using a Server 2012 R2 VM to attempt a FLR (file level restore) and I get all the way to the point where I select a destination to restore the file to. When the window comes up the progress bar goes for a minute and then the window is blank. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

14 Replies
slgolden
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get this resolved?

0 Kudos
SavkoorSuhas
Expert
Expert

FLR for all VMs are showing this blank window or this VM in specific?

Suhas

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

Don't Backup. Go Forward!
Rubrik

slgolden
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue.  FLR For all VM's.

Doesn't matter what browser either IE11, Chrome, Firefox, etc.

I am on Server 2008 R2 Standard.

Go through all steps for recovery but cannot choose destination folder.

0 Kudos
slgolden
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone?

0 Kudos
SavkoorSuhas
Expert
Expert

Interesting!

How about when we use advanced login (from a different machine) with vCenter credentials and try a FLR to restore files on the current machine.

Does the destination come up blank as well in this case?

I am running VDP 6.1 and it works well.

Suhas

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

Rubrik

slgolden
Contributor
Contributor

Yes.

Disabled and uninstalled antivirus as well.

I have seen this issue posted elsewhere as well but no one seems to have a clue.

Any other ideas to try?

0 Kudos
SavkoorSuhas
Expert
Expert

This is very strange.

Yes, I had come across this situation earlier, and FLR from another VM worked good.

Not quite sure about the next step, need to poke around a bit on this one.

Suhas

Rubrik

slgolden
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  Let me know if you come up with anything.

0 Kudos
RyanJMN
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I ran into this recently where the destination would stay blank on file level restore.  For me it did not working on a VM with out of date VMWare tools.  It worked on a VM with up to date vmware tools.  I would try updating vmware tools.

0 Kudos
Finikiez
Champion
Champion

What credentials do you use to login into FLR client?

I noticed that if make login with domain user account (event it's a member of local administrators group) you can see and mount backups, but destination window is blank.

Only login with local administrator user account (ie Administrator) helps.

Also it's possible to use Advanced login. You can provide local administrator account plus vsphere administator account and see\mount\restore every backup from VDP.

0 Kudos
Advil
Contributor
Contributor

I just had this same issue on a Windows 2008 VM today where I was trying to restore a single file. It didn't seem to matter what logon credentials I used in Basic or Advanced logon.

When I logged on from a Windows 2012R2 VM using Advanced logon from a different VM, I was able to see the restore folder window. I'm using VDP 6.1.2 and used the most recent Chrome (fresh install on both 2008 and 2012) to perform the restore.  There's definitely something "wrong" with this function.

0 Kudos
dfranciscus
Contributor
Contributor

In the end, I was fixing a different issue which was that Vcenter performance was abysmal. After shrinking the database this issue was resolved.

VMware KB: Shrinking the size of the VMware vCenter Server SQL database

0 Kudos
thefdlord
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This issue is happening because of ESXi 6.x. In 6.0 vSphere Guest APIs would be used instead of the VIX API. Contact VMware technical support to change this behaviour.

0 Kudos
harriuk
Contributor
Contributor

I had this issue. I fixed it by adding the VDP site into trusted sites in Internet explorer.

I hope this helps others.

Mike

0 Kudos