VMware Cloud Community
tyn_flr
Contributor
Contributor

VDP 5.8 Not visible in Web Client

Hello all,

I have deployed and configured the VDP 5.8.1.7 Appliance in our infrastructure (esxi 5.1)  succesfully.

The appliance is up and running. I can connect to the appliance to check the status etc. It seems to be ok, but....

The problem is that the VDP is not showing up in the vsphere web client so i cant configure back-up jobs.

I have tried to unregister com.vmware.vdp2.config and com.vmware.vdp and reboot the appliance, Without any luck.

The vCenter server is also restarted, but the VDP wont show up in the vsphere web client....

Anyone any idea how to solve this?

Kind regards,

tyn_flr

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tyn_flr
Contributor
Contributor

No one who knows how to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
Madmax01
Expert
Expert

Hi theire,

just a Question in Advance.   Any Reason why you didn't sticked with  VDP 6.0 ? as it's supported for 5.x Esxi VMware Product Interoperability Matrixes

could you please open up the VDP Config Page and trying to re/register VDP.  and after to restart all Services    (WebClient,vCenter)  to be sure all recognized Changes.

thx

max

0 Kudos
Madmax01
Expert
Expert

Ha. Before doing that.  could you please be sure that you're logged in with the proper Permissions?  you're also not seeing it with the SSO Admin?

thx

Max

0 Kudos
tyn_flr
Contributor
Contributor

HI Max,

Thanks for your reply.

Even with the SSO-Admin the VDP option is not visible in the vSphere Web Client.

I also did tje re-register the appliance with vCenter, but this doesn't help unfortunately.

Any other idea?

Kind regards,

Tyn

0 Kudos