VMware Cloud Community
vkyppas
Contributor
Contributor

VDP 0,5TB integrity check fails

I'm running Vcenter 5.1 with 4 x ESXi 5.0.0 76811 hosts. I've implemented two VDP appliances 1 x 0,5TB and 1 x 1TB .

Integrity check fails  with 0,5TB VDP backup appliance. Everything is okay with the 1TB appliance.

When I check the Reports tab it says : Intergrity check: out of date.

backup window is from 6.00 PM till 6.00 AM and blackout window 6.00 AM till 9.00 AM and Maintenace window from 9.00 AM till 6.00 PM.

I've tried to run Integrity check manually, first comes popup that says when the Integrity check has been running last time and the date is when I installed the appliance :

integrity check.jpg

When I click YES then the VDP appliance hangs for a about 30 seconds and after that it says:

error.jpg

Also I have checked the Appliance event messages and you can see thos mesages when I have run the manual Integrity check:

error2.jpg

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Paul11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Look in <appliance-IP-adress>/vdp-configure if all services are running. If not, start the missing one.

Othervise try rebooting the appliance.

No solution, only for your information:

I have changed the name and IP-address of one of my appliances, this also triggers a complete integrity check during the requestet reboot.

After that some problems were gone.

If you will try that, don't forget to define the new DNS-record first!

Paul

vkyppas
Contributor
Contributor

HI

Thank you for your help.

The maintenance service was stopped. I started the service and rebooted the appliance and now the integrity check is running.

V

0 Kudos