VMware Cloud Community
chjones
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCR: Error -3902 trying to restore a VM

Hi All,

I setup VDR and had it backing up on my test VMs each night. It was working well. I was able to restore the VM and also use the (experimental) File Level Restore.

However, that VM was no longer needed so it was deleted from the Inventory. I then thought I'd do a test and try and restore the VM. VDR starts the restore, creates the VM, and then errors with "Trouble writing files, error -3902 ( file access error)".

Has anyone seen this error? Restores were working before I deleted the VM. At the moment restores are only working if the original source VM still exists, which kinda defeats the purpose of backups if you can't restore your VM if it's deleted.

Cheers,

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Please ensure you are on VDR version 1.0.2. If you are, please restart the appliance and try the operation again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
belanger74
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Do you have enough of space to recovery?

Yan

Yan Belanger, VCP
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Please ensure you are on VDR version 1.0.2. If you are, please restart the appliance and try the operation again.

0 Kudos
chjones
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Azmir. Yes, a reboot allowed the restore to run.

I restored the VM, made sure it was ok, then deleted it and tried another restore. Again it failed, and worked after another reboot.

I am running VCR 1.0.2. I know it's only early stages for this product so I don't expect it to be the best application on the market...but this is an annoying problem. But, at least we have a workaround for now.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

0 Kudos