VMware Cloud Community
mmmike
Contributor
Contributor

Using converts as backup method.

Hello,

The thing I want to achieve is - make a replica of my virtual machine which hosted on a ESXi server that is connected to vCenter server - The thing is, I want the replica of the server to be updated 24/7( I any changes was made to the server I want the to be replicated to the backup machine online).

Both ESXi servers connected to vCenter server and both are local (same as te vCenter).

Have to mention that I don't have VMotion license.

Any suggestions what can be done?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello.

Note: This discussion was moved from the VMware vCenter Server community to the Backup & Recovery community.

This would most easily be accomplished with VMware FT, but if you don't have vMotion you won't have FT either.  Outside of this, you might be able to use a 3rd party clustering solution to achieve this goal.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

if replicated 24/7 it's better of to tools like veeam backup or quest' vranger. yes converter can do a job a single conversion very well but i doubt i can do realtime or schedule very well ..

0 Kudos