VMware Cloud Community
weasie786
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade VDP 6.1 to 6.1.2

I found the newest VDP code available on VMware site which is 6.1.2. I was able to download the Upgrade ISO but it fails at 94%. I have no issues with upgrade ISO detection. I must have done this 2 times already. There is no issue with space or etc. I have moved this VDP around from one ESX to another on my cluster and rebooted it plenty of times. Logged a call with vmware support and they are clueless as usual. They are telling me that I need to install a new VDP and that cant be the solution to the problem. Its so time consuming to redo all the work with backup jobs. Does anyone have a solution?. Thanks

2 Replies
jnsvano
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same problem. Also at 94%. Seems to be clear bug. Also opened a ticket, let's see what'll happen.

0 Kudos
weasie786
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got EMC support on the phone along with VMware tech support and we concluded that the reason for 94% hang is not a bug but the CD ROM disconnects itself. I cant explain WHY but that is what we discovered in the logs. EMC engineer fired up a URL on my virtual center and logged in using some internal account they use to fix these types of issues. We finally wrapped up the install using  EMC installation manager utility. After a good clean reboot my VDP now shows 6.1.2 in my VC. Hope this helps