VMware Cloud Community
christianapr
Contributor
Contributor

Unkown Error with FLR Restore Client.

Hi,

I'm doing backups jobs with Vmware Data Recovery Appliance without problems.

When I try to recove files from a Backup with VmwareRestoreClient.exe, from the SAME virtualMachine as the backup, I mean, from Server1.mydomain.lan I try to recover files com Server1.mydomain.lan. Well, It works perfectly too.

But if I check advanced mode, trying to see all the possible backups from all machines, after "Atempting to log in...." I get

"Could not connect. Unknown Error"

I don't know what to do or where to find more information. If I enter a wrong password I get "The vCenter Server credentials are not valid. Please try again", so I understand that my user/password is correct.

any idea?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
jamesbowling
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Just out of curiosity, have you used the FQDN for both the vDR and VC when attempting this connection?

If you found this at all helpful please award points by using the correct or helpful buttons! Thanks!

James B. | Blog: http://www.vSential.com | Twitter: @vSential --- If you found this helpful then please awards helpful or correct points accordingly. Thanks!
0 Kudos
christianapr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I tried with FQDN and just with the IP, both, and always the same error message.... Smiley Sad

thanks

any idea?

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

could you attach the log here as well? i think it would be helpful.

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
christianapr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

where can I found the log you're asking for?

thanks!

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

in the attached screenshot there is this "view log"

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
christianapr
Contributor
Contributor

11/15/2010 10:25:55 > Using 32-bit driver

11/15/2010 10:25:59 > Vix Info: VixDiskLib: config options: libdir 'DisklibPlugin', tmpDir 'C:\DOCUME1\ADMINI1.APR\CONFIG~1\Temp\vmware-administrador'.

11/15/2010 10:25:59 > Vix Info: VixDiskLib: Advanced transport plugin was successfully loaded into vixDiskLib. Accelerated transport modes available.

11/15/2010 10:25:59 > Vix Info: VixDiskLib: Cannot find transport switch implementation in library DisklibPlugin\plugins\disklibplugin.dll.

11/15/2010 10:25:59 > Vix Info: VMware VixDiskLib (1.1) Release build-207031

11/15/2010 10:25:59 > Vix Info: Using system libcrypto, version 90809F

11/15/2010 10:25:59 > Vix Info: Mntapi_Init Asked - 1.0 Served - 1.0 was successful,TempDirectory: C:\DOCUME1\ADMINI1.APR\CONFIG~1\Temp\vmware-administrador-500.

11/15/2010 10:26:46 > Exception: "Connect::BeginSession: failed to authenticate"

> en VmCommon.BackupAppliance.ConnectInternal(String password)

thanks

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

11/15/2010 10:26:46 > Exception: "Connect::BeginSession: failed to authenticate"

i used to face this before. i rebooted the VDR server and it's back to normal. you can try that ..

0 Kudos
christianapr
Contributor
Contributor

I tried it, but it didn't work for me Smiley Sad, alwaysthe same error message.

any other idea?

many thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
RaulJBA
Contributor
Contributor

christianapr,

I have the same problem. In which S.O  do you execute FLR Restore Client? I try it in W2k3 with this error.

0 Kudos
christianapr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Raul

I try with windows2003, ubuntu amb red hat and in all the same error 😞

0 Kudos
RaulJBA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Christianapr,

Since this date until today you don't fix it? I hope will fix it if I use the last version because I try only ESXi4 and not yet with ESX4.1.

What thinks?

0 Kudos
christianapr
Contributor
Contributor

No, I don't.

I'm using version 4 too, we will update to 4.1 during this year but I don't know when yet... I hope this and other poblems, like to have a maximun of 2 destinations, will be solved.

0 Kudos
bergerpjr
Contributor
Contributor

christianapr -- I too am getting the same error (http://communities.vmware.com/message/1716329#1716329)

We're running vSphere 4.1 Update 1. It's been a while since your post update. Was wondering if you found a solution? thanks...

0 Kudos