Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to configure vdp

Hi,

After trying to reinstall my vdp appliance, I'm unable to configure it :

Acces to https://vdp:8543/vdp-configure/ is OK

• I type changeme, fill all the forms, test connection is OK
  • I type Finish -> VDP say me that I is going to reboot, I choose "restart Now"

VDP reboot, all seem to be fine. Il log again to the web interface  (https://vdp:8543/vdp-configure) with my newly created password but I do not get the page I'm expected. I have the same page as before that ask me to configure my vdp (welcome screen) ...

Infos :

• vcenter 5.1U1
  • vdp 5.1.10

Wath I've tried :

• use an active directory dedicated user -> Logging OK but vdp is not registred
  • use an system-domain dedicated user -> same as above
  • test to connect to vcenter via FQDN or IP -> same as above
  • verify all my DNS settings

If someone has any idea...

Thanks

Julien

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
theju
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Finaly I opened a support ticket.

Resolution is quiet simple : complete the initial config script and reboot until vdp register to vcenter (3 times aprox).

Support say that it is a known bug...

Julien

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

After you complete the configuration, you should control the VDP from the plugin at the Web Client. Can you chack that?

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
theju
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Non, VDP does not appear in the web client

0 Kudos
KazO
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm having a similar problem (vdp-configure is looping through initial config every time), except in my case this is my 2nd VDP appliance, and the 1st one (upgraded from 5.0 to 5.1) isn't having this problem. The 2nd one actually DOES show up in the 'VDP Appliance' dropdown in the web client, but says is inaccessible.  It's saving the config info, but whatever switch flips the vdp-configure interface from 'initial' to 'operational' isn't getting flipped.

[Followup] After a couple more passes through the initial config UI and associated reboots, nothing more, it appeared to take.

Kazuto Okayasu Administrative Computing Services University of California, Irvine
theju
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Finaly I opened a support ticket.

Resolution is quiet simple : complete the initial config script and reboot until vdp register to vcenter (3 times aprox).

Support say that it is a known bug...

Julien

0 Kudos