VMware Cloud Community
olof_christenss
Contributor
Contributor

The host xxx for VMware Data Recovery appliance is not licensed, backups cannot not be performed.

This message is logged and it usually goes away if i restart the vdr appliance or sometimes i only need to wait for some times and then start the backups - does anyone else get this error message?

The host xxx for VMware Data Recovery appliance is not licensed, backups cannot not be performed.from time to time

0 Kudos
9 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Make sure you are running 1.0.1 -- there was an issue in 1.0 that has since been fixed.

0 Kudos
olof_christenss
Contributor
Contributor

Hi and thanks for your answer - i am already running 1.0.1!

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Are all the hosts licensed for

1)vSphere

2)Essentials Plus, Advanced, Enterprise or Enterprise Plus? If you have VMs that are on hosts running ESX3.5 or vSphere Essentials or Standard, then this is a valid message

Thanks

0 Kudos
olof_christenss
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! yes the hosts is correct licensed

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Please open a SR with VMware. We have not had any reported license issues since the licensing issue was fixed in the VDR 1.0.1 release. Thanks!

0 Kudos
olof_christenss
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks - i will try to upgrade to 1.0.2 before i open up a SR.

0 Kudos
AlbertWT
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes, I am having problem too with this OVF appliance, i'm running ESXi 4 with vSPhere Essentials license and is there any thing that i can do to make the backup work ?

eg. upgrading it ?

Kind Regards,

AWT

/* Please feel free to provide any comments or input you may have. */
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The vSphere Essentials license does not include a license for VDR. You will need to have the Essentials Plus license for VDR (Data Protection).

http://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere/small-business/buy.html

0 Kudos
AlbertWT
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Oh, that is sucks >_< ... which one is the cheaper way ? upgrading the license or getting the VDR separately ?

Kind Regards,

AWT

/* Please feel free to provide any comments or input you may have. */
0 Kudos