Backup & Recovery

View Only
  • 1.  Setup VDP fails AFTER vCenter registration

Posted Sep 13, 2012 04:47 PM

I have gone through the deployment of the VDP appliance.  I have completed the initial configuration including testing the connection.  After clicking finish I get an immediate message saying to reboot the appliance.  I do this and it gets to the message about taking about 5 minutes to finish configuration on the console.  After about 5 minutes the network/login screen appears in the console. After this nothing useful works....  I can ping the appliance so networking is working but I cannot open the browser to the configuration page and nothing appears in the web client.  When I try to login on the console I have to use the original password "changeme" so that didn't take either.  If I reboot the appliance again the configuration page works but goes back to the initialization page.  It seems like the initial configuration never gets configured in the appliance.

Ideas?

• 2.  RE: Setup VDP fails AFTER vCenter registration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2012 04:55 PM

Hi,

In the step of reboot appliance pop up did you confirm it or just rebooted the appliance ?

The reason why i am asking you this is..the confirmation plays an important role...it updates the configuration to a file in background.

• 3.  RE: Setup VDP fails AFTER vCenter registration

Posted Sep 13, 2012 04:57 PM

I confirmed it.  How long should I wait before rebooting the appliance.  The second and third times I've tried this I waited a few minutes.  There's nothing indicating anything different.

It actually syas click "finish" to confirm.  It then says "configuration complete please reboot appliance".

• 4.  RE: Setup VDP fails AFTER vCenter registration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2012 06:04 AM

You have confirm the restart by clicking "yes" before actually restarting the appliance. It then updates the config file in background

• 5.  RE: Setup VDP fails AFTER vCenter registration

Posted Sep 13, 2012 05:38 PM

Well it seems you have to try it 7 times!  I went through the process again so I could get the correct messages to post and of course this time it worked!!

Einstein was wrong, doing something multiple times and expecting different results is not stupidity!