VMware Cloud Community
RyszardM
Contributor
Contributor

Question about Veeam backup & Replication Community Edition

Hello,

I am not sure if I am posting this subject in the right forum. I have one VM guest that is on vSphere 5.5 and an old system of backups that is connected to my vCentre 5. I am using the free edition of Veeam Backup & replication that does not have the option to create incremental backups. I found the Community Edition though:

https://www.veeam.com/blog/backup-replication-community-edition-features-description.html

I can't seem to find if this new version will be compatible with the current system I have in place, I cannot find the version of the Veeam Backup I am still using, I can only see that it has been installed in about 2015. Attached a screen-shot.

Would I be able to use the new Community Edition with the current VMWare 5.5 versions I am still using?

I am migrating the new system, but still have one VM guest to maintain for the next 2-3 months at least.

Thanks,

Richard

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@RyszardM 

Moderator: Moved to Backup & Recovery Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos