VMware Cloud Community
biokovo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Problem with adding network share on non-domain computer

Is it possible add network share on non-domain computer?

I have VDR1.1 and vCenter4 on Win2003 domain computer and I can't add network share on Win2003 computer which is not in domain (problem with user rights).

I know it must be IP address, I try with UPN names in all combination, without success.

Before that netwrok share was on domain computer and it was ok.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Using or adding a share is domain independent. However you must configure the access rights (share rights and NTFS) by using local users. When you want to use that share from another host, you need to use that local user.

Hint: if you use the same username and password as the doamin account used for connecting to that share, authentication is transparent.

AWo

VCP 3 & 4

\[:o]===\[o:]

=Would you like to have this posting as a ringtone on your cell phone?=

=Send "Posting" to 911 for only $999999,99!=

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

on top of the above, why not add an everyone access to that folder and ensure that everything is working fine before tightening the at the folder end.

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

biokovo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I add an everyone access to that folder without help.

After adding another admin account with write privil. on shared folder and using this account in vdr,my problem was gone?!

I had a problem with adding network share on domain computer and I had a problem again with non domain comp. it seem something is wrong with this part of vdr...

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

VDR uses a share but it is not responsible for it. So if you have access problems this is related to a bad share configuration. Can you describe your setup and the problem you're still facing? If necessary make screenshots.

AWo

VCP 3 & 4

\[:o]===\[o:]

=Would you like to have this posting as a ringtone on your cell phone?=

=Send "Posting" to 911 for only $999999,99!=

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos