VMware Cloud Community
Schakal007
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with VDP: "File level restore service not running" and not able to start it!

Hello together,

we've got a odd problem, from one day to the next, the VDP quit the file level restore service. When I try to start it with the web client, it just doesn't start.Also, I'm unable to download the log files (I/O-Error) over the web interface.

I tried to search for an solution in the web without any result. Does anyone here knows this kind of error or even better the solution?

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GSparks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

1) Open Putty / SSH / or Console to the VDP

2) Run the command 'emwebapp.sh --restart' (two hyphens in front of restart).

3) Allow for a couple of minutes after the output of the above command completes and try again.

4) If this does not resolve the issue, then look at the /usr/local/avamar/var/vdr/server_logs/vdr-configure.log and see what it has in there around the FLR services stopping.

Hope this helps.
Greg

-Greg Sparks
0 Kudos
Schakal007
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Greg,

sorry but this solves nothing Smiley Sad Couldn't get the service to start. The log says always the same:

2014-01-24 07:19:34,361 INFO  [http-8543-exec-1]-services.BaseCLI: VmwareFlrCLI: Updating service state.

2014-01-24 07:19:34,363 INFO  [Thread-105]-util.ProcessWrapper: Executing command: [service vmwareflr status]

2014-01-24 07:19:34,363 INFO  [Thread-104]-util.ProcessWrapper: Executing command: [avmaint sched status --avamaronly]

2014-01-24 07:19:34,427 INFO  [VmwareFlrCLI-update]-services.BaseCLI$4: VmwareFlrCLI-update: State update complete. New state: stopped

I'm sooo close to redeploy the hole machine. A short question, I got version 5.1.11.3 is there any possibility to keep my backups, so that I could use them with a new VDP?

0 Kudos
Schakal007
Contributor
Contributor

For those who might have the same problem.

We couldn't fix it. After one week without backup, we just decided to redeploy the VDP. As we used version 5.1.11 we were not able to migrate the old backups, so we'll keep the old VDP (even if it's shutdown) for two month (just in case) bevor we delete the machine.

I hope this will save some guys a lot of time and trouble out there.

Cheers

Sascha

0 Kudos