VMware Cloud Community
Kevin_Gao
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Now that VDR is here...any benefits of continuing with vRanger?

So we're upgrading to vSphere and I'm just wondering should I even bother renewing all my vRanger Pro licenses? Anyone else out there ditch their 3rd party backup's or is there another reason to keep them?

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Mirko_Huth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Kevin,

it is not the backup of a single machine that i'm talking about. Backup works, slower than VCB, but it works.

My Problem is with Integrity check / Recatalog. There is no time left to do backups when these checks never finish.

Additionally it tends to damage it's own restore point.

See the folllowing Post: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/213924?tstart=0

Regards

Mirko

0 Kudos
Mirko_Huth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi azmir,

I have not opened an SR by now. If you take a look at the following thread () you see other poeple who raised an SR but where put of with "It will be fixed in the next update...".

So would it make a difference if i raise a SR, too? Sure, my expensive platinum support contract would help being put off within a four hour response time... Smiley Sad

Mirko

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The experimental file level restore client (for Windows) was posted today. It is available here:

There is also a link to the tech note for the file level restore client (for Windows) underneath the link for the file.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
The-Kevster
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, It works well. Shame it can't be done centrally but I guess that will be added later.

0 Kudos