VMware Cloud Community
LaurenMalhoit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not seeing VDP plugin on web client

Hi All,

I have a vSphere 5.1 environment.  I installed VDP Advanced, went through the configuration successfully, but there's no VDP option on my web client.  The registration with vCenter said it was successful...so I'm not sure what I missed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Lauren

Tags (1)
9 Replies
snekkalapudi
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

First time after deployment, plug-in may not be visible from web client. Try re-logging into web client and check if it solves your problem

-Suresh
0 Kudos
LaurenMalhoit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've tried that, but no luck. I've also rebooted the appliance, but still no luck.

0 Kudos
LaurenMalhoit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Still not working. I tried restarting vCenter. The firewalls are all off (this is in my home lab). It’s all on the same network. Anyone else have this issue?

--Lauren Malhoit

Systems Implementation Engineer

Network Storage, Inc.

419.349.3283 (mobile)

317.251.8566 x115 (work)

0 Kudos
GSparks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Two other reasons I have encountered that the plugin will not display in the web client.

1) vCenter is in Linked mode.  If this is the case, then "breaking" linked mode tends to allow for the plugin to display.

2) vSphere Support Assistant has been enabled with this KB (VMware KB: Unable to access VMware vCenter Support Assistant in vSphere Web Client ).  Enabling this tends to cause the VDP plugin not to display.

-Greg Sparks
LaurenMalhoit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was actually able to fix it by just doing it again. I did a couple restarts of vCenter and the appliance…not sure if that made a difference.

VMware Communities<https://communities.vmware.com/index.jspa>

Not seeing VDP plugin on web client

created by GSparks<https://communities.vmware.com/people/GSparks> in Backup & Recovery - View the full discussion<https://communities.vmware.com/message/2280544#2280544>

0 Kudos
maladd3
Contributor
Contributor

Lauren,

I recently had the same kind of issue. Mine was basically that vDP just disappeared on a reboot. I'm not sure if the instructions would be the same, but I've written up a blog post about it here: vDP NOT showing up in vSphere Web Client | Virtualizing IT

I know you said that a couple reboots solved it for you, but this might help in the future or if you see it again.

Matt

Vannis
Contributor
Contributor

This is correct,  set "scriptPlugin.enabled = false" in C:\ProgramData\VMware\vSphere Web Client\webclient.properties and reboot webclient service,  resolve the issue.

But there is a conflict,  in order to use VSA in webclient, we have to enable "scriptPlugin.enabled = true", do you know how to achieve both ?

0 Kudos
LatinSuD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Tried everything (from forum and KB) and nothing worked.

I was with vCenter 5.1 (Windows 2008 R2) and VDP 5.5 and VDP 5.8.

I did these 2 steps and now it works:

- Remove some old logs from vCenter (used WinDirStat to find them).

- Upgrade vCenter to 5.5 U3.

0 Kudos