VMware Cloud Community
AllBlack
Expert
Expert

Networker Virtual Edition Client

Hi,

Is anyone making use of this? I was asked to look into it but I am not able to configure auto-discovery.

I get the following error:

Starting Auto Discovery Process for tur-vcenter1

Monitoring Auto Discovery for tur-vcenter1

Auto Discovery for tur-vcenter1 failed

Failed

Monitoring Auto Discovery Completed

I get no indication as to why it fails. I have no knowledge of networker so I am not even sure where to look for the appropriate logs.

Cheers

Please consider marking my answer as "helpful" or "correct"

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mero1982
Contributor
Contributor

I am facing the same issue i installed Network Client on the Vcenter server as well since it executes a command called nsrvim to auto-discover your VI , however one technical consultant from EMC informed me that there are some procedure for autodiscovery with Vsphere.

0 Kudos
AllBlack
Expert
Expert

I have been told now that the VEC management interface is not supported on a 64 bit vCenter install. I will have to wait until they support that as I don't want to go back to 32-bit vCenter install

0 Kudos
sbrooks15
Contributor
Contributor

Does the 64 bit vCenter work now with Networker's Virtual Edition Client yet?

0 Kudos
AllBlack
Expert
Expert

As far as I know there is still no support

0 Kudos
sbrooks15
Contributor
Contributor

GOT the ANSWER from EMC forums by "samadm" <--Thank you.

In the auto discovery, set it up like you would with your VC 64 bit machine. Click OK, then go back in to edit, on the Advanced tab, clear the "Command Host" and type in a machine that has the 32 bit client installed. That machine will run the command and make auto discovery work. Only the "Command Host" needs to be changed.

0 Kudos