VMware Cloud Community
Akopylov
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Maintenance services starts right after deployment.

Good day.

VDP 6.1.2 was deployed in my lab. VDP 6.0 documentation (couldn`t find 6.1 doc, dont think it exists) says that maintenance services should not start within 24-48 hours after deployment to give me a big backup window for initial backups. But maintenance service is shown as started at vdp-configure page right after deployment:

vdp_maintenance.png

Is it OK?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schepp
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

yeah, after initial boot the service will be disabled.

When you manually restarted after that, the service should start as part of the boot sequence

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
schepp
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

I just deployed a 6.1.2 Appliance on friday and the maintenance service was indeed disabled after the initial start.

Don't know why yours isn't, maybe it's related to the infrastructure size, as yours is a lab environment?

Your Appliance will work finde though. when you take a look at the config in the vSphere client you see your backup and your maintenance window, so backups will only be done after the maintenance window is over.

Tim

Akopylov
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hello Tim. Thanks for your answer.

Perhaps you are right and it is because my lab size (now its only single host and 2 vms - vcsa and vdp itself). Im going to create few vms to test backup and deduplication.

It is really possible that maintenance service would start right after deployment if the infrastructure is too small? Did you have such issue before?

Btw, I also restarted VDP once after configuration was finished to fix timezone issue (VDP 6.1 Can I choose the correct timezone please?!). May be this cause maintenance service to start.

0 Kudos
schepp
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

yeah, after initial boot the service will be disabled.

When you manually restarted after that, the service should start as part of the boot sequence

0 Kudos
Akopylov
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Oh, I see, so it is my fault that maintenance service is started now :smileygrin: Thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos