VMware Cloud Community
SmokeR8672
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to configure auto snapshots on ESXi 6.5.0 (Build 4887370)

Hi there!

I'm trying to understand how configure auto snapshot VM's in ESXi 6.5 (free version). I can't create tasks. (See the documentation, they say the auto snapshots are create through the tasks (in section "manage", In real life in section "monitor" i see "tasks" but button "Action" is inactive)). What is the problem? Maybe the cause in free version of ESXi?

Thanks a lot!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

The free and standalone ESXI doesn't support scheduled tasks, that option is available with licensed version of vCenter.

The options 'Tasks' you are checking in Monitor tab are tasks performed on/by ESXI and these are informational only. There's nothing about scheduling from this option.

You can try with ghettoVCB.sh - Free alternative for backing up VM's for ESX(i) 3.5, 4.x & 5.x

Or with other free tools i.e. Veeam Backup Free Edition for virtual machines (VeeamZIP) 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

The free and standalone ESXI doesn't support scheduled tasks, that option is available with licensed version of vCenter.

The options 'Tasks' you are checking in Monitor tab are tasks performed on/by ESXI and these are informational only. There's nothing about scheduling from this option.

You can try with ghettoVCB.sh - Free alternative for backing up VM's for ESX(i) 3.5, 4.x & 5.x

Or with other free tools i.e. Veeam Backup Free Edition for virtual machines (VeeamZIP)