VMware Cloud Community
RodrigoOliveir2
Contributor
Contributor

Error in VDP 6.1

Good morning

Someone already got this error in VDP 6.1?

root@vdp01://#: mccli activity show --active=true

1,22801,User login failure.

Attribute Value

--------- --------------------

reason    Locked user account.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
SavkoorSuhas
Expert
Expert

Hmm, okay, the VDP will be configured to the vCenter with a user account (backupuser account as we call)

If you connect to the VDP in web client and go to configuration tab it should show which user is being used.

If this is a domain user, check if the user is locked on your Active Directory.

Suhas

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

Don't Backup. Go Forward!
Rubrik

0 Kudos
RodrigoOliveir2
Contributor
Contributor

In this VDP I'm using the root User, so I thought this strange Locked.

I'll keep searching ...

0 Kudos
SavkoorSuhas
Expert
Expert

If your VDP was configured to vCenter with root account and if this is locked out, you can also do a re-register of your VDP to vCenter with a different admin user.

Suhas

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

Don't Backup. Go Forward!
Rubrik

0 Kudos
robssmithuk
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Same problem here with VDP 6.1.2 and 6.1.1. After successful overnight backup and morning integrity check. Then I can't do anything with the appliance - not web portal, not CLI. I can SSH to it but that is it. no commands are accepted as I get 1,22801,User login failure.

All I can do is reboot the device. And in all cases I lose all backups?!

Please help?

0 Kudos
robssmithuk
Contributor
Contributor

My problem went away after I deployed the VDP onto my other network where the NAS shares reside. You see because I'm doing a rather complex deployment:

ESX host has 2 network connections: let's call them NET-A and NET-B.

NAS box had been connected only on NET-A

VDP was deployed with IP address on NET-B

VDP drives were: kernel drive with host datastore; backup drives with NAS box on NET-A

Even though I plugged in NET-B on the NAS box and hoped that is the main problem here, the VDP did not like it and kept locking me out plus no data was stored from backups.

In my case I redeployed VDP on NET-A this time again with kernel drive on host datastore and backup drives on NAS box on NET-A, plus I changes the password to be different then the one for vCenter login, then it all came in place and VDP is working like a horse in a race to finish 1st :smileygrin:

No sure why it did not like to network setups. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos