VMware Cloud Community
jvanick
Contributor
Contributor

Error E30927

I've recently upgraded to vCenter 5.1 and decided to try out the new VDP (big mistake on my part)...

Anyways,

now I'm getting the following error in the backup tasks:

VDP: Backup job (Lab) failed to backup client Lab-MiscServices.
Execution error: E30927: An attempt was made to backup a virtual
machine client which noloinger exists in vSphere.. Job Id: Lab-Lab-1350950000105. (Full client path:)

and none of my VMs are being backed up... the guests are absolutely in vcenter and are running fine, so this has to be a VDP problem.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
futureauto
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, all my backups instantly fail with that error.  I gues I'll add it to the service request I already have open.  I'll let you know what I learn.

0 Kudos
Paul11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Same problem here after the update to ESX V5.1 but only for one VM. There was no problem with this VM in Version ESX V5.0.

Have done the following:

Shut down the VM

Remove it from the inventory

Edit the Backup-Job -> a message will be displayed that the VM is no longer a part of the Backup-Job

Klick next unitl finish

Browse the Datastore and add the VM to the Inventory

Edit the Backup-Job and add the VM again

After that the backup works.

I don't know, if removing the VM from the Backup-Job is really necessary, but I have done it this way.

This VM was also affected from the following problem: (Could not be moved from ESX V5.0 to ESX V5.1)

http://www.vdsyn.com/vmotion-failure-between-esxi-5-0-and-esxi-5-1-hosts-with-a-uuid-error/

So may be there is a similar problem in the vmx Config file.

Hope you get a better solution from VMware support.

Paul

0 Kudos
GSergey
Expert
Expert

Open a command line VDP:

root@vdp:~/#: dpnctl stop mcs

and

root@vdp:~/#: dpnctl start mcs

and run manually or backups run as scheduled

0 Kudos