rwardley
Contributor
Contributor

Error: Could not connect to the Data Recovery service.

I have installed Vmware Data Recovery appliance 2.0.0.1861 Build 433157 and am able to connect with the VMDR appliaction using vSphere Client 5.0 on both a Windows 2008R2sp1 and a Windows 7 x64sp1.

However, I get the error on another Windows x64sp1 machine.

I have removed as many traces to older/other vmware software/clients and reinstalled both the vSphere client 5.0 and the VMDR plugin.

Both report they have install successfully.

I have attached logs from a fresh install where only the the failing client has attempted to connect.

The failing machine was used to deploy the OVF, but I have tried deploying the OVF from another workstation and the failing workstation still fails to connect.

I see this in the logs as a possible problem :-

9/14/2011 16:55:20.000: 0x131203a8: UnixResponder::Respond: starting ssl on socket 57
9/14/2011 16:55:20.000: 0x131203a8: SSLConnection::Read: SSL_read failed with error 1 (error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1))
9/14/2011 16:55:20.000: 0x131203a8: SSLConnection::Read: SSL_read additional error 336150757 (error:140940E5:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:ssl handshake failure)
9/14/2011 16:55:20.000: 0x131203a8: DAG exception: [UnixTCPconnection::read: read failed!]

Can anyone offer any advise on how to fix this ?

Regards

Rich

0 Kudos
7 Replies
dyeltonDC
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same issue with the same errors being displayed in the log.

I can connect to VMDR (2.0.0) just fine from the vCenter server, but not from any client machine. I have even tried redeploying the OVR but that didn't do anything.

FWIW, I thought it might be a permissions issue as I'm logging in with a different account on the client machines but the account I'm logging in as on the client is part of the domain admins group in AD which is set for administrator permissions in vCenter.

Anyone?

0 Kudos
Paul11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You can try to rename (or delete) the file libeay32.dll in the Windows\System32 directory.

Than restart the vSphere Client. After that I could connect to the VDR's.

Paul

0 Kudos
dyeltonDC
Contributor
Contributor

Sure enough, that fixed the issue! Thanks!! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
barth-metall
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same Problem. It is fixed now.

TNX Man

0 Kudos
ric9887
Contributor
Contributor

After reading this, I did not find the file in system32 as I am running x64.

The file was however in SysWOW64 and renaming that one enabled me to start the client.

Great result. I have no idea how you realised it was this file which was cauing the issue.

Fixed.

Regards

Rich

0 Kudos
AleKperm
Contributor
Contributor

Renaming only

C:\Windows\System32\libeay32.dll

not helps me.

Renaming libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll and rebooting - all works fine.

0 Kudos
DHV
Contributor
Contributor

Yo tenía el mismo problema y lo resolví con la solución de Paul1.

Gracias!! :smileygrin:

0 Kudos