VMware Cloud Community
ToniAndrews365
Contributor
Contributor

Easy backup solution for large VMware environment

Hello,

we want a useful backup solution for large VMware environment with 100+ VMs in the vCenter server. We’ve tested Acronis as a VDP alternative before but its complex and unclear management interface can be really annoying sometimes. Any better ideas?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
barrygenao21
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Vinchin Backup & Recovery would be worth looking. I think the interface is very simple to manage. 

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

Veeam would be my choice, or if you wan to combine it with a secondary storage platform then Rubrik and Cohesity could be an option.

0 Kudos
debracarter9
Contributor
Contributor

Been using Vinchin for VMware backup too, works pretty good so far.

0 Kudos
alantz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Veeam is a popular choice, we use Unitrends.

--Alan--

0 Kudos
filipe_dias
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Veeam is the best way to take

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
markey165
Expert
Expert

I have used both Commvault Simpana and Veeam. Both great solutions that work well.

Also if you have an existing backup solution, check if it supports backing up VMware, as that might be a cost effective alternative.

As usual it depends on your specific requirements, and how much money you have to spend 😊

Expert
Expert

Cohesity can also be a solution. please go through the link for the features:

https://www.cohesity.com/solutions/backup-and-recovery/

Regards,

Sachchidanand

0 Kudos
BarryGrowler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For a large VMware environment like yours, Nakivo Backup & Recovery stands out for its VMware integration, offering a straightforward, easy-to-navigate interface that contrasts with the complexity you found in other solution.

It's designed for efficiency in managing backups for 100+ VMs, ensuring data protection with less hassle.

0 Kudos