VMware Cloud Community
jvisnjic
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Data Recovery datastore recovery using third-party backup SW

Hi all,

In case of disaster (destroyed VDR appliance and its CIFS datastore), is it possible to recover VDR datastore previously backed up by Tivoli Storage Manager (or some other backup SW), then re-deploy VDR appliance and restore virtual machines from recovered datastore? Will the "new" VDR appliance make something out of this data?

Is there any vital information in VDR appliance itself or is the catalog on the CIFS datastore enough to recreate backup information?

Thanx

-jv-

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vontexx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, the VDR datastore is indepandent. If you use a new VDR Appliance, you must only add it as target and start an integrity check. After that, you see the restore points.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vontexx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, the VDR datastore is indepandent. If you use a new VDR Appliance, you must only add it as target and start an integrity check. After that, you see the restore points.

0 Kudos
jvisnjic
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanx

I tried it and it appears to work, but only when I choose not to restore configuration from the datastore. Of course, that way I don't have any backup jobs and other config info, only restore points.

Do you know maybe why is restore config unsuccessful? Is it even possible to restore config (and under which circumstances)?

Cheers

-jv-

0 Kudos