VMware Cloud Community
marcomosa
Contributor
Contributor

Data Recovery Big Problem

Hi all. I have a very big problem with Data Recovery. When I run a backup there are no problems creating snapshot (the task is marked as Completed), but the status of the Data Recovery task is "Creating Virtual Machine Snapshot..." and it hangs on 0%. I have checked all the network configuration (like DNS and cross PING) and it is all ok. What can I do now??

Many thanks in advance

Marco

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Paul11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

May be you can try to disconnect from the Data Recovery, close the vShere Client, open a new Client an connect to the Data Recovery again. Sometimes only the Display "hangs", and you get no actual updates. Otherwise i have no idea of this behavior.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If the machine is intensive I / O it can cause this type of error.Check that the machine is not being "overused" and test run the backup on a schedule of less use of the VM</span>

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

are you able to create vmware snapshot manually?

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
f10
Expert
Expert

If its a Windows VM are you using Windows VSS or VSS provided by VMware Tools ?

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,

Arun

Regards, Arun Pandey VCP 3,4,5 | VCAP-DCA | NCDA | HPUX-CSA | http://highoncloud.blogspot.in/ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos