VMware Cloud Community
Bers
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Clear VDR Warnings and Errors, How to

The Question is:

How to manually Clear the Warning and Errors Report in VMware Data Recovery (Reports tab)?

Prehistory:

After solving the problem with error -3902 (file access error), VDR collected to much annoying errors in my Warning and Errors Report. So i need to remember the quantity of errors or check it for new every time i logged to VDR. Smiley Sad

VDR Appliance v.1.1.0.707

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Presently there is no way to delete old tasks and events information from VDR. In the mean time, the only way to to delete the configuration file, which will delete the legacy warning and errors plus the backup jobs. So, you will need to recreate the backup jobs and reapply the vCenter Server credentials if you follow these steps. Note, the response points (i.e the actual backed up data) is untouched.

The configuration files can be deleted by running these commands in the console, (open console, login to appliance as root; default password is vmw@re). Please ensure no jobs/or VDR operations are running at the time - you should be able to look in the VDR plug-in under Report/Current Tasks. If there are no current tasks, issue the following commands

service datarecovery stop

rm /var/vmware/datarecovery/Config10.*

(answer yes to the files being deleted)

(confirm that files have been deleted by doing a ls /var/vmware/datarecovery/Config10.*)

service datarecovery start

When you reconnect to the appliance, it will prompt you to reenter the vCenter Server credentials. It will also prompt you to import the the newer configuration - select NO.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Presently there is no way to delete old tasks and events information from VDR. In the mean time, the only way to to delete the configuration file, which will delete the legacy warning and errors plus the backup jobs. So, you will need to recreate the backup jobs and reapply the vCenter Server credentials if you follow these steps. Note, the response points (i.e the actual backed up data) is untouched.

The configuration files can be deleted by running these commands in the console, (open console, login to appliance as root; default password is vmw@re). Please ensure no jobs/or VDR operations are running at the time - you should be able to look in the VDR plug-in under Report/Current Tasks. If there are no current tasks, issue the following commands

service datarecovery stop

rm /var/vmware/datarecovery/Config10.*

(answer yes to the files being deleted)

(confirm that files have been deleted by doing a ls /var/vmware/datarecovery/Config10.*)

service datarecovery start

When you reconnect to the appliance, it will prompt you to reenter the vCenter Server credentials. It will also prompt you to import the the newer configuration - select NO.

0 Kudos
dcbundy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Any word on how quickly VMWare is going to put this into the featureset? not being able to clear alerts, especially for us ... OCD administrators if you will... is pertinent.

Any idea on how to get an email sent upon failed backups? (a la TSM or something)

Thanks for all your help...

Chrys Bundy

National Geographic Society

cbundy "at" ngs "dot" org

0 Kudos