VMware Cloud Community
areeb1988
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot Backup Virtual Machine using VDP

I had deployed VDP, but i could not back up a Windows Server 2008 64 bit virtual machine using vSphere Data Protection (VDP) 5.1, i get the following error: Execution Error: E10055: Failed to attach disk , then after i googled about this error i changed the disk.enableUUID=trueparameter to false but also i get the same error?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

Moderation info: Discussion successfully moved from VMware vCenter™ to Backup & Recovery

Please upgrade your VDP appliance to the lastest version 5.1.10, as this issue is listed as fixed in that version.

Regards

0 Kudos
areeb1988
Contributor
Contributor

We have upgrade the VDP to latest version put the result is the same, what could be the problem.

0 Kudos
rameuniver
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

To work around this issue may be resolved by setting the disk.EnableUUID variable to false in configuration parameters

0 Kudos
Aviator20111014
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same problem here. According to KB: 2035736 this issue should be resolved with VDP 5.1.10, but it seems the problem still exists. My VDP is 5.1.10.32.

Any new findings on this topic?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Noonan1970
Contributor
Contributor

Hi areeb1988,

Have you considered moving to a backup product with a similar architecture but a more robust feature set...  PHD Virtual Backup & Replication is a very easy to use, simple to install solution that uses a virtual appliance to accomplish the backups.  For more information, visit http://www.phdvirtual.com

0 Kudos
xzxvkv
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, We are running vSphere 5.0 still.  I am interested in upgrading to 5.1 and make a use of the VDP.  If our backup server is out side of the VM environment, can I still implement it?  The backup server is Windows 2008.  Do I need to purchase any additional license? like a vSphere Replication OVF Appliance?

0 Kudos