VMware Cloud Community
Bryan_Erwin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can't Verify and Restore a Replicated VM using VDPA to VDPA

I have a VDPA in each datacenter and I've created a replication job to replicate a single VM from the first site to the second site. The job executes successfully but I don't see the VM within the other VDPA that I can restore.

Where do I look to find and restore the replicated VM?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bryan_Erwin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

My issue was related to the retention period for the VM that was being backed up. The VM was being replicated but then expired so it was not available to restore. The problem was fixed by setting the retention period longer than 1 day, in my case to 5 days and then running a backup. After the backup I replicated the VM and I was able to restore at the other site.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rachelsg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Bryan_Erwin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I appreciate the response but I don't thinks its a file level restore issue. I see a Replication Job that completes successfully but no replicated VM to restore. I just need to be able to perform an image restore of the replicated VM.

0 Kudos
Bryan_Erwin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

My issue was related to the retention period for the VM that was being backed up. The VM was being replicated but then expired so it was not available to restore. The problem was fixed by setting the retention period longer than 1 day, in my case to 5 days and then running a backup. After the backup I replicated the VM and I was able to restore at the other site.

0 Kudos