VMware Cloud Community
peterrinder
Contributor
Contributor

Can not register VDP to vcenter

Hallo,

i try to register the vdp to vcenter 5.1. I use the embedde SSO. The settings seems to be OK. But after the connection test, i get an error message box without text. If i change the settings to other values, i get a messages that my settings are incorrect. Have anyone a idea where here the problem is?

Best regards

Peter

22 Replies
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

i cannot find any local users when browsing for the user under permissions in vcenter or the web client. how do I add a local user into vcenter?

0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

I was able o get this  issue fixed  by adding the administrator domain username. Even if the domain admin group is shown in vcenter, vdp will not recognize groups. It needs the exact domain username added at the dc level.

thanks

0 Kudos
dspjones
Contributor
Contributor

tdubb123 wrote:

I was able o get this  issue fixed  by adding the administrator domain username. Even if the domain admin group is shown in vcenter, vdp will not recognize groups. It needs the exact domain username added at the dc level.

thanks

+1000000 on this...

I did the same and it worked...

1. Open vCenter (web client or the regular standalone client)

2. Navigate to your vCenter server name and select Permissions

3. What we have here is what I think most people have...  Administrators group assigned to role of administrator.  However VDP appears to not like groups so add the account that you use to login to vCenter here.

4.  Assign that account to administrator role and choose propagate

5.  Go back to the VDP configuration screen and try again (use the same account you just added in vCenter) keep the SSO box checked.  For grins, I also put the username in the format of username@domain.com(org or net etc...)

6.  Click test - should be successful

If not, make sure you have the VDP host entered into DNS already.  Seems to need that too.

Thanks TDUBB!  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos