VMware Cloud Community
VMW-guy
Contributor
Contributor

Backup VMs for VMUG Advantage - Enterprise Plus Evaluation

Hello, I was looking for some assistance with VMware's 365-day evaluation.

I setup a lab environment and I'd like to use the VMUG Advantage subscription.

VMUG says you get VMware Enterprise Plus with it's subscription (for 365 days).

Will this work with VEEAM Backup and Replication Community Edition?

I cannot find a definitive 'yes' or 'no' out there.  I'd like to have some confidence before spending the $200.

Thank you in advance!

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kinnison
Commander
Commander

Hi,

VEEAM community edition limitation aside, as long your infrastructure remain licensed with something other then the free license one the product will work.

In my environment I'm using that product to backup workload residing on the my little homelab infrastructure with license from the VMUG advantage program and also on my other little infrastructure with perpetual essential license.  

Hope this help,

Regards,

Ferdinando

0 Kudos
VMW-guy
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!  It doesn't specifically need to be VEEAM, but if my research is correct, you cannot use the API to create snapshots/backups with the standard evaluation license.

I appreciate your response - thanks again.

0 Kudos
Kinnison
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Evaluation license does not in all cases mean functionally limited, that kind of license can be time limited, may prevent any kind of production use case, may come with no support at all and so on, as reported in the "terms and conditions of use" specified in the license agreement or on any other related documentation.

Regards,
Ferdinando

0 Kudos
seanrohani
Contributor
Contributor

The free license works if your infrastructure remain licensed with something.

Cookie clicker

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

For sure it will be worked. As long as the vSphere APIs are available, because you have a vSphere License than the Veeam Community software will work.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos