VMware Cloud Community
useradmin2010
Contributor
Contributor

Any idea as to when Vsphere Data Protection Advanced 5.5 will be released to the public?

I would like to get my hands on an evaluations of VDP Advanced 5.5 for testing with my Vcenter 5.5 environment. I can only access VDP Advanced 5.1. Does anyone know when we can began trying out the 5.5 release or beta If possible?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
snekkalapudi
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I am not aware of any beta release for VDP-Advanced 5.5, but I heard the final release should be available in few weeks with a free trial.

-Suresh
0 Kudos
useradmin2010
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you sir. I appreciate the update.

0 Kudos
grace27
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Welcome to the communities.

even I did some research on vmware site didn't get any fix date .

I can assist you if you are looking new features.

http://blogs.vmware.com/smb/2013/10/vsphere-data-protection-advanced-5-5-gaining-momentum.html

" The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.
0 Kudos
useradmin2010
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Grace,

I have tested VDP 5.5 and would like to use it in production. However I need the file level, brick level, and database backup features included in the Advanced version of VDP. I tried testing VDP Advanced 5.1 within my Vcenter 5.5 environment, however ran into problems integrating it with the web client. It actually connects, however the vsphere web client hangs when I choose the configuration tab or try to download the backup client.

I read about a similar problem when others tried using VDP advanced with incompatible versions of Vsphere/Vcenter. Have you been able to successfully use VDP Advanced 5.1 with Vcenter 5.5? Is it compatible?

0 Kudos