VMware Cloud Community
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

vcenter FT

I have a vc in my primary site whcih I connect to. Then we now added a DR site. VC is a vm in the primary site. I want to make vc available in case pur primary site goes down. what can i do to have vc running on both primary and dr site?

any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
runclear
Expert
Expert

have you looked at lin ked mode? while it doesnt provide any "fail over" per say for VC, it will allow you to view both VC's from a single pane... ie: one at your Primary Site and another at your DR ...

-

| VCP[3] | VCP[4]

-------------------- What the f* is the cloud?!
0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

ESX Hosts can not be managed by two VC Servers at the same time - the key thing to make sure it is replicated to the DR site is the VC database because all information about your environment is stored in the VC database - sp as long as the database is replicated to the DR site there are a couple of options - one is to have a copy of the VM at the DR site and if something happens to your primary site bring up the copy and as long as it has access to the database you will be able connect to your VC server -

I think the more complete solution would be to take a look at VMware SRM - this will not only provide for a VC Server in the DR site bt also will allow you to protect the ESX servers in the Primary site so if you primary site goes down yor ESX sevrers and their hosted virtual machines will be available -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos