VMware Cloud Community
smilepillay
Contributor
Contributor

iscsi shared storage is entirely not be seen at all in heartbeat datastore list, even though a host is still connected to it.

Hi All,

I have a setup in which i was using 2 shared storage.1 vmfs datastore and other ISCSI. I have 3 hosts (5.0)connected to it. one by one started unmounting the iscsi datastore from each host.

–>when i unmounted 1st host with iscsi the “datastore heart beat” dialogue box in cluster status showed number of host connected to heart beat datastores as:
->3 hosts connected to vmfs datastore and
->2 hosts connected to iscsi datastore.(showing all the hosts connecting to the datastore)

–>when i unmounted 2nd host from iscsi datastore ,the datastore heart beat” dialogue box in cluster status showed number of host connected to heart beat datastores as:
->3 hosts connected to vmfs datastore and
->The iscsi datastore is not be seen on the heart beat datastore list at all.(but host 3 is still connected with iscsi datastore . so as per my understanding the heartbeat datastore dialogue box shld be showing totally 2 datastores and in that the number of hosts connected to iscsi datastore as 1.)

can you please clarify why iscsi is entirely not be seen at all in heartbeat datastore even though host 3 is still connected to it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

A datastore cannot be used as a heartbeat datastore unless at least 2 hosts are connected to it. Otherwise there is noone to listen to the heartbeats.

Elisha

smilepillay
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot Elisha.I was not knowing this Smiley Happy

0 Kudos