VMware Cloud Community
Duramente
Contributor
Contributor

Regarding vsan isolation name rules.

When you set up the isolation address on the HA configure, I understand we usually set up the following value.

das.isolationaddressX  = <vsan isolation IP>

das.usedefaultisolationaddress false

I understand the X should be number 0~9 should be choose.

However, in some settings, I did the name das.isolationaddressX instead of choosing the through 0~9  on the X.

No error omitted. 

I also  tried the random name like das.isolationaddressF anddas.isolationaddress24. Still it look good.

Even the name is das.isolationaddressX, still works for the vsan isolation address?

Here is the situation 

das.isolationaddressX = Pingable IP no alert on Vcenter.

das.isolationaddressX = non Pigable IP alert on Vcenter.

※I named das.isolationaddressX no number specified.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

@Duramente, as your main concern here appears to be das.isolationaddress naming conventions/guardrails against picking names outside of expected values/documentation of what is permissible and/or will work etc. and as this is not specific to vSAN and is a function of vCenter, I would advise that you or a moderator move this question to the appropriate sub-forum (vSphere/vCenter).

As an aside though, do ensure that you know what you are doing and test thoroughly when using anything other than vsandatastore heartbeats to determine whether VMs should be restarted (e.g. isolation addresses).

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

Moved to the HA forum.

With regards to the post, so you what you are saying is that when you pick don't use the documented format (X=number starting at 0 to 9) it still works?

0 Kudos