VMware Cloud Community
ctoo
Contributor
Contributor

Primary VM freezes during FT

I've a FT setup and my primary VM freezes every now and then. The freezing time is from 20 seconds to more than a minute. I've pin-pointed the problem and it seems than whenever the secondary ESX involved in FT loses it's FT logging and storage connection my primary VM freezes. All the programs in the VM stop responding and continue their state after some time. Is there a way to avoid this ?

This is really annoying. When there is a failure in the primary ESX, the secondary is alive very fast. But when the secondary is down, the freezing of primary VM beats the purpose of FT and HA. Is there a way to avoid this ? Is this the expected behaviour or something wrong with my setup ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dprashant
Contributor
Contributor

Typically a failure is declared if heartbeating or traffic on the logging channel has stopped for longer than a specific timeout (2 to 8 Seconds) and one of the VM goes live. Slower Secondary Machine can potentially slow down Primary but freezing VM is an unexpected behavior. Can you please file a SR & upload VM support bundles?

0 Kudos