VMware Cloud Community
scooter_
Contributor
Contributor

PV MD3200 - Virtual Disk Not On Preferred Path

I cannot be sure when it started showing the Error, I thought it might of been when I went to Manage the Paths of the Datastore and changed the Path Selection from Most Rcently Used to Round Robin, then back to Most Rcently Used. Though Maybe not.

The Power Vault DM3200 is giving me the Following Error:

Storage array: KCSB-VMHOST-DAS
Preferred owner: RAID Controller Module in slot 0
Current owner: RAID Controller Module in slot 1
Affected disk group: AOS21-WIS-TS
  Virtual Disk: AOS21-WIS-TS
Affected disk group: Historian-AOS12
  Virtual Disk: HIST-AOS12

Virtual Disk Not On Preferred Path

What Caused the Problem?

There is a problem accessing the virtual disk from at least one host through the preferred RAID Controller Module listed in the Recovery Guru Details Area. The virtual disk is being accessed on the non-preferred path (alternate RAID Controller Module). This procedure will help you pinpoint the problem along the data path. Because the virtual disk is on the alternate RAID Controller Module, it should still be accessible. This is usually a configuration problem external to the array and rarely requires the replacement of any hardware.

I can click Recheck and I still get the same warning Message.   The Paths on the ESXi hosts seem to be in the Right Order.

vmhba2:C0:T0:L0 Active

vmhba2:C0:T1:L0 Stand by

vmhba2:C0:T0:L1 Active

vmhba2:C0:T1:L1 Stand by

vmhba2:C0:T0:L2 Active

vmhba2:C0:T1:L2 Stand by

I'm not sure why it is only listing the two Disk Groups as each Host Mounts all Three Disk Groups.

Thanks,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies