VMware Cloud Community
WhackyWakie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to implementation application monitoring for HA?

Sorry, I can't seem to find document how to do monitor application. The document found from Vmware doc did not provide the steps. Example, how to monitor MSSQL service running is down. What are the list of supported application? 

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/com.vmware.vsphere.avail.doc/GUID-62B80D7A-C764-40CB-A...

"To enable Application Monitoring, you must first obtain the appropriate SDK (or be using an application that supports VMware Application Monitoring) and use it to set up customized heartbeats for the applications you want to monitor. After you have done this, Application Monitoring works much the same way that VM Monitoring does. If the heartbeats for an application are not received for a specified time, its virtual machine is restarted. "

VMware vSphere 5.5 Application High Availability - AppHA | ESX Virtualization (vladan.fr)This link show there are option to monitor services, but it is for 5.5

AppHA-Services.jpg

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @WhackyWakie ,

App HA described at 'vladan.fr' is a different product all together. vSphere App HA was a separate appliance deployed and integrated in vSphere environment to enable application monitoring. This product was available till 5.x and was end of life from 6.x onwards.

Please refer following article for more details and FAQs --> End of Availability (EOA) of AppHA 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@WhackyWakie 

Moderator: Moved to Availability: HA & FT Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
WhackyWakie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks! Apologize for the super long response.

0 Kudos