VMware Cloud Community
Ravi1987
Contributor
Contributor

How to check HA is configured properly without doing anything down

Hi ,

i have configured new cluster with Vsphere host.HA/DRS has already been configured.

All machine are in prodution now. can any body tell me how can i check that HA in cofigured properly on cluster and it will work when any outage come.

Ravi
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'd seriously recommend building a new VM on one of the hosts (for testing purposes), vmotion all the other VM's off the host and test HA. This is the only way you can be certain that HA is configured and works correctly.

0 Kudos
msatya
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

please discuss with Archtecture or project team who can explain better way about  your environment

-------------------------
please award points if you see fit.Thankshttp://imagicon.info/cat/5-59/vbsmile.png

0 Kudos
nava_thulasi39

HI,

Admission Control policy & Violate Resource contention is very critical factor to test the HA functionality test.

hmm, You need to shutdown the host or isolate from the network. I hope, there is no other way to test it.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

Dear "msatya", not sure why you are bumping up all these 1 year threads... But there really is no point.

0 Kudos