Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How Enable HA on cluster Without Power-On VM after host failure

HI,

I need a special use on HA clustering.

vCenter 5 update 1

Cluster 1 :5 x esxi 5.0 U1

Cluster 2 : 5 x esxi 4.1

In our infrastructure when we start a services (Group of 3 VMs) we need to start them in a special order, we can't put the group off VM in vApp because they are in different cluster (SQL CLuster, Oracle Cluster, App Cluster, ...)

*** With vApp you can specify a special start order

And when a host fail in a cluster we need to shutDown all the VM of the service Group to start them in right order.

Then i can't activate HA, when host fail i have to manualy by exploring DataStore from an other Host off the cluster and add to inventory, then only the admin can perform this task and the application team have to wait for him.

I would like to activate HA and the failed VM to be kept on OFF, then the application Team will have be able to restart the Services without waiting for the vSphere Admin.

I hope my message is clear, thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

felakkad wrote:

HI,

I need a special use on HA clustering.

vCenter 5 update 1

Cluster 1 :5 x esxi 5.0 U1

Cluster 2 : 5 x esxi 4.1

In our infrastructure when we start a services (Group of 3 VMs) we need to start them in a special order, we can't put the group off VM in vApp because they are in different cluster (SQL CLuster, Oracle Cluster, App Cluster, ...)

*** With vApp you can specify a special start order

And when a host fail in a cluster we need to shutDown all the VM of the service Group to start them in right order.

Then i can't activate HA, when host fail i have to manualy by exploring DataStore from an other Host off the cluster and add to inventory, then only the admin can perform this task and the application team have to wait for him.

I would like to activate HA and the failed VM to be kept on OFF, then the application Team will have be able to restart the Services without waiting for the vSphere Admin.

I hope my message is clear, thanks for your help.

The message is clear. As far as I am aware this is not possible today. I have requested this probably around 6 months back. You just need the VM to be "registered" on a different host and want to power it on yourself. Today that is not an option, hopefully it will be in the future.

felakkad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's so cool the Boss of yellow Bricks give me the enswer !!!

Thanks hoppefely it will be in next version because that's look so basical option i think it will not cost so much work.

Thanks Again !!!!!!

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

felakkad wrote:

That's so cool the Boss of yellow Bricks give me the enswer !!!

Thanks hoppefely it will be in next version because that's look so basical option i think it will not cost so much work.

Thanks Again !!!!!!

🙂

I will point the dev's to this thread so hopefully they can add it.

0 Kudos