VMware Cloud Community
mak14
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HA warning

Hello,

I see below message on my vcenter i don't see any option to suppress this

vSphere HA failover operation in progress in cluster MNS-Cluster in datacenter Rosebelle-DC: 0 VMs being restarted, 1 VMs waiting for a retry, 0 VMs waiting for resources, 0 inaccessible vSAN VMs

0 Kudos
9 Replies
pashnal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Mak14, 

Was there any incident reported on any of the host?  What is the isolation response set for host isolation ? . 

for clearing the alert go to > VM > Monitor > Triggered alarm > Acknowledge the alarm > do this for all VMs and check . 

Thanks , 

Pramod Ashnal 

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer/Kudos if this solution resolved your problem Thank you.

0 Kudos
mak14
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply!

There was no incident reported and isolation is everything set to default there were no other parameters added. 

i don't see any alert under triggered alarm to acknowledge.

0 Kudos
compdigit44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you have datastore hearbeats configured to prevent and false HA events?

0 Kudos
shivendrajha
Contributor
Contributor

Hello compdigit44

No datastore heartbeat configured

shivendrajha_0-1652450843997.png

0 Kudos
compdigit44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It would not be a bad idea to configure datastore heartbeats to prevent against false HA failovers.

0 Kudos
mak14
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry for the delayed response.

I agree, I was only wondering why I couldn't suppress or acknowledge this warning. There was no way to remove this warning.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
pkvmw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can disable and re-enable vSphere HA to get rid of this alert.

MaxB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think vSAN is used for heartbeats instead of vmfs datastores, if vSAN is enabled. isn´t it?

depping
Leadership
Leadership

@MaxB wrote:

I think vSAN is used for heartbeats instead of vmfs datastores, if vSAN is enabled. isn´t it?

No, the vSAN Datastore is not used for heartbeats, HA only uses the network when vSAN is also enabled, and in that case it uses the vSAN network. This is why you isolation address preferably should also be an IP on the vSAN network.