VMware Cloud Community
IGinovski
Contributor
Contributor

Fault tolerance on DL580 G7

Hi can anybody help with Fault tolerance suppor on HP DL580 G7.

Compatibility matrix says it’s not supported

[http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?action=search&deviceCategory=server&productId=1&advancedORbasic=advanced&maxDisplayRows=50&key=dl580 G7&release[]=-1&datePosted=-1&partnerId[]=-1&formFactorId[]=-1&filterByEVC=0&filterByFT=0&min_sockets=&min_cores=&min_memory=&rorre=0|http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?action=search&deviceCategory=server&productId=1&advancedORbasic=advanced&maxDisplayRows=50&key=dl580+G7&release[]=-1&datePosted=-1&partnerId[]=-1&formFactorId[]=-1&filterByEVC=0&filterByFT=0&min_sockets=&min_cores=&min_memory=&rorre=0]

CPU type it says it is supported

If it's not FT supported at the moment, are there any plans to support in near future vSphere upgrade?

tnx in advance

Ivan

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ScottBentley
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Ivan

Not quite sure what you are asking but AFAIK the DL580 G7 fully supports FT

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

I hope this helps
0 Kudos
IGinovski
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

did you check the first link.

When you select DL580 G7 it says not FT compatible, that's why I'm confused.

Can you send me a link which confirms FT compatibility.

best regards

Ivan

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You are correct, it's not quite clear. However I assume it's either a "documentation bug" or the system just have not been fully tested. HP is one of the vendors who closely work together with VMware, so I'm sure they wouldn't release a new server without these capabilities.

André

0 Kudos
ScottBentley
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I see what you mean

Yes very confusing I cant imagine that HP would release a G7 server without support for this.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

I hope this helps
0 Kudos
IGinovski
Contributor
Contributor

Case closed.

0 Kudos
IGinovski
Contributor
Contributor

Not answered

0 Kudos