VMware Cloud Community
was98strat
Contributor
Contributor

FT site survey tool

Hello,

I'm getting ready to implement FT in my VMWare environment. I've downloaed and run the latest sitesurvey tool (2.5.1) and run into some issues. I've discovered that the processors in my EXS hosts are not FT capable (problem 1) they are Intel Xeon 53xx series processors so they'll need to be addressed some how. but the other problem (and I don't understand why) is that the report has a red X next to every VM for the "storage" category. when I mouse over the storage category the info window lists "both the VM and all disks must be on shared storage" what I don't understand is why all my VMs have a red X in this category. ALL my VM's ARE on shared storage. I don't have anything on local storage (except for the ESX host OS!!) could this be a bug in the new site survey release?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal

Do any of the VMs have attached ISOs that are on local storage?

--Matt

VCP, VCDX #52, Unix Geek, Storage Nerd

9773_9773.gif

--Matt VCDX #52 blog.cowger.us
0 Kudos
was98strat
Contributor
Contributor

thanks, I checked for attached ISO's there are non, but what I did notice was that despite all the VM's being located on shared sotrage, thje Resouces pane shows that the vm is located on "not-shared" (must be a typo) storage desipite the fact that the VM is actually stored on shared storage (a DELL MD300i with iscsi connections to each ESX host.

0 Kudos