VMware Cloud Community
sajithru
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

External storage behavior on FT enabled virtual machines

Hi All,

We have an requirement to enable FT on a virtual machine and that virtual machine is accessing a external object storage through an API. Since the FT architecture replicate all instructions on primary vm to secondary vm we would like to know that the API calls made to the external storage would be duplicated.

Kindly assist us on how this kind of situation can be handled.

Thank you.

Sajith Rupasinghe.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to Availability: HA & FT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Is that API has network access to another ESXi (or entire of all hosts via accessing the vCenter server)? If yes, FT will work correctly, because the protected/secondary VM is just actually a locked version of primary VM and their executions are identical. So after the host interruption, the second VM will be replaced exactly the same as the primary VM. Then at last your API can call the replica VM too after disaster.

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos