VMware Cloud Community
gsfc1
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 5.5 the fault tolerance configuration of entity has an issue: The virtual machine has more than one CPU.

I am having trouble to resolve HA error, when I am configuring virtual machine fault tolerance, I get error " The fault tolerance configuration of entity has as issue : The Virtual machine has more than one CPU."

I am using ESXi 5.5 with vCenter 5.5.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

In ESXi 5.5, fault tolerance is only available for uniprocessor VMs.  Fault tolerance for SMP VMs (with up to four processors) is supported in ESXi 6.0.

0 Kudos
gsfc1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for quick answer.

It is enable on some virtual machine in same cluster and now I craeted new machine and has this yellow triangle on it, i am trying to resolve it, i do not wanted to clear warning message , but wanted to resolve issue. so in future, I don't get issue, when I am updating host. how to resolve it. or how do I find out about processor.

0 Kudos
bradley4681
Expert
Expert

check your guest configuration, it might have 1 vCPU with multiple cores, it needs to be 1 and 1

cores.PNG

Cheers! If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos