VMware Cloud Community
OsburnM
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Cluster Compliance Status Noncompliant due to FT Logging

Greetings! I'm stuck on a cluster compliance error I can't seem to figure out. I do NOT use FT, nor do I want to have FT logging enabled. Yet for some reason, I can't get the cluster requirements compliance status to go green. The host profile status is good; but, the cluster one yells because FT logging is disabled on the member hosts.

How can I resolve this w/o enabling FT logging?

Thanks!

Matt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

see if this helps. You may have it somewhere in your Host Profile

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1017471

OsburnM
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks for the pointer Troy. I'd actually referenced that prior to raising the question--but it's good for others' future reference.

I can't seem to find in the host profile where FT logging would be an option. Do you know by chance?

What's strange is that if I set the FT Logging = Yes in the VMOTION Nic properties and re-run the compliance check, the Cluster Compliance comes back good-- but then the Host Profile compliance falls out.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I couldn't find in the host profile where FT logging would be set or un-set. Maybe take the Host in which you created the profile from, create a new one, ensure the FT logging option is unchecked on all the VMkernel Ports, then attach that profile to another?

0 Kudos
OsburnM
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

No joy. Reverified all the nic settings, then created a new profile from that host, applied it to the cluster and I still get the noncompliance.

It's very strange. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
KarlLarsson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

0 Kudos